At the weekend, many of you are waiting, once again really nice to sleep in. The longer you sleep, the better the body recovers so the people believe. But a too long duration of sleep is not healthy, it can even make us sick.
As is so often the case: The right dose makes the poison. the US researchers from the National Health Foundation, taking a scientific literature on the optimal duration of sleep is under the magnifying glass. Based on this, they made the following recommendations:
- Newborn (0-3 months) need 14-17 hours.
- Infants (4-11 months) 12-15 hours.
- Toddlers (1-2 years) 11-14 hours.
- Preschool children (3-5 years) need 10 to 13 hours.
- The first years of school (6-13 years) need 9 to 11 hours.
- Adolescents (14-17 years) 8-10 hours.
- Young adults (18-25 years) 7-9 hours.
- Adults (26-64 years) need 7-9 hours.
- Seniors (65 and over) need 7-8 hours. Best offer on BestCheck.de
The optimal sleep duration varies from person to person and depending on the stage of life. According to the researchers, the Figures represent recommendations for healthy people without sleep disorders.
People who deviate regularly from the recommended times, risking serious health problems. In order for you to feel comfortable and remain healthy, so make sure to sleep, neither short nor too long.
From our network of CHIP: how to protect your children from Cyber-bullying: The Privalino App from the cave of the lion